Monday, January 14, 2013

2013

New Years Resolutions:
(yes, there's a few...)
1]  Eat well, live well. I'm using this to cover a few areas I want to change. Eating well means do what I've always done: READ LABELS. But now research and be aware of what these ingredients really mean and what they are doing to my family's bodies! I'm sure I'm not the only one who's browsed several of the websites and documentaries dedicated to revealing the truth about what goes in our food. I could go on and on about what all is wrong with processed foods, GMO and corn-fed meat, but I'm sure if this blogging business sticks, everyone will hear all about the feelings I'm developing for our food. I want to cut out "convenience foods" and make as many things from scratch from good (and cheap, if I can help it) ingredients. I want to stay active with my family, too, and increase everyone's quality of life.
2]  Patience. Mostly with my children. I've lived with my sweet husband for long enough to have developed pretty decent patience with his personality. The kids, however, seem to change into different people once a week. Or even several times a day. I need patience to help bring out my childrens' best personalities and moods. This will also keep me half-way sane staying at home!
3]  Organize my life/home and FINISH all projects I begin this year. I have no idea why, but I am the WORST about finishing things. I have so many half-finished ideas and projects laying around my house!
4]  Be involved with my kids. Plain and simple. It sounds easy, but I want to dedicate more time to reading and teaching. 


Although I feel I have many more goals for this year, I can touch on the rest at a later time. It just feels good to start the list and organize thoughts sometimes.

Subjects you can see posted at this blog: Clean cooking, coupon/ad matching, crafting, diy kids projects, personal thoughts on parenting. Lots of cheap/free homemade fun to be expected!

Robin [X & O's mommy]

No comments:

Post a Comment